The finest smart home security systems are voice-activated, operate seamlessly over home Wi-Fi, and provide extensive smartphone remote control. These systems let you access video footage, lock and unlock doors, control lights and receive security alerts even while you're not at home. Additionally, they can inform you if a smoke alarm or other environmental sensor has been activated.
Additionally, the top smart home security systems provide you with management over "non-security" gadgets. As an illustration, the systems listed below all support smart plugs, which enable remote control of any home equipment. The systems can automatically cut your energy costs by integrating with smart thermostats.
Best Smart Home Security Systems in 2022
The first home security firm in the US, constantly using cutting-edge technology; ADT first offered security services and used the telegraph, a cutting-edge technology, to send alarms. ADT is the market leader in smart wireless systems for home protection more than a century later. In addition to having top-rated mobile applications for Apple and Android phones, tablets, and smartwatches, ADT Pulse or the more recent ADT Command security systems include voice control with Alexa and Google Assistant. In the event that sensors for intruders, smoke, or carbon monoxide are triggered, you can configure special notifications. Additionally, you have remote access to your lights, locks, thermostat, and garage door.
Customers of ADT's smart homes begin with expert monitoring. ADT installs universal equipment, so you may switch monitoring companies when your contract expires without having to spend money on a new system.
- Pro installation
- All house systems will be seamlessly integrated.
- Works with Google Assistant and Alexa
- Enables the dispatch of police, firemen, and paramedics via Z-Wave Pro monitoring
ADT Smart Home Technology
The Pulse iHub is used with modern wireless ADT systems. This Z-Wave-enabled thin black box from Netgear connects smart home appliances and has a similar appearance to an Internet router.
With the help of the mobile applications from ADT, you can check and modify your garage door's open/closed state from a distance. Other samples include:
- Smart Lights - ADT smart bulbs and lights provide remote lighting control from any location with a mobile connection. Standard bulbs may also be converted into dimmers with remote controls using ADT Pulse.
- Use your smartphone as a house key with smart locks: You can remotely lock and unlock your doors with smart locks integrated with ADT security systems.
- Smart Plugs : ADT smart plugs let you conveniently operate appliances from a distance.
- Smart Thermostat - Smart thermostats can help you conserve energy while maintaining comfort in your home. Schedules, temperature warnings, and other things can be configured.
- Doorbell Camera - You can communicate with guests even when you're not home thanks to the ADT Video Doorbell, and you'll be made aware of their presence even if they don't ring the bell.
High-end smart home systems with expert installation and supervision The industry pioneer in smart home security is Vivint. Vivint handles installation, and its equipment may automate your house in a variety of ways. You may utilize a Vivint system as your own all-in-one defense against criminal activity, carbon monoxide monitoring, more effective power consumption, voice control over your house, and more. No matter where your cars are parked, Vivint can protect them! Each smart home plan includes professional monitoring: Even if you can't personally call for assistance, a $39.99 monthly payment can help send police, firemen, or paramedics.
Customers who use the Vivint mobile app receive system control in addition to professional monitoring. By using the app, you may arm and disable the system, arm Z-Wave lighting and locks, close your garage door from across town, and watch both old and new video footage remotely.
Vivint and Google Home both support remote control. You can control connected devices hands-free with this voice-activated app. When you want to arm your system and control the lights, thermostat, and appliances, just tell Google. Additionally, you may command Google Assistant to play music, read weather reports, play games, and perform many other small favors for you.
- Professional installation.
- All house systems will be seamlessly integrated.
- Work with Google Assistant; Z-Wave support; many possibilities for home automation
- Police, firefighters, and paramedics can be dispatched by professional monitoring
- Control for Vivint Smart Homes
You have three options for controlling devices with a Vivint security system:
- Control of the home using a computer with a 7" touchscreen called the Vivint Smart Hub. The Smart Hub features a battery backup that lasts for 24 hours and connects into a regular outlet. It emits a 100-decibel siren in the event of security breaches. In order to communicate with emergency operators, the hub also contains two-way communication capabilities and emergency call buttons.
- Using a Google Home speaker at home for voice control.
- Utilizing the iOS and Android Vivint Smart Phone apps for mobile management.
DIY smart home security with a choice of professional monitoring- Leading smart home provider Abode offers contract-free choices. Your Abode siren and other security tools will function even without paid monitoring! With ADT Pulse and Vivint systems, that isn't the case (above). You can get the same security and home automation capabilities from Abode as from firms that require contracts, and they even go above and beyond ADT and Vivint by supporting Zigbee in addition to Z-Wave, Alexa, and Google Assistant.
You will set up the equipment yourself as the owner of an Abode security system without the need for specialized knowledge. An all-in-one plug-in system with add-on options is the most straightforward choice. Therefore, if your home is tiny, setup would just take about 30 minutes. However, a hub may accommodate up to 160 sensors.
You may remotely operate the system using the free Abode smartphone app, which also temporarily stores security footage. Longer-term video storage costs $8 per month, and professional monitoring with video storage costs $20 per month.
- DIY installation
- A pro monitoring option
- Z-Wave and Zigbee are supported
- Personal helpers Alexa and Google
- Abode Smart Home Devices
Two options for smart house hubs are provided by Abode. Whichever option you select will function with both Z-Wave and Zigbee. First, the $229 iota security tower can provide comprehensive security: In addition to other incorporated features, it has a wide-angle motion sensor, a high-definition video camera with a privacy shutter, a siren, and two-way audio with VOIP. As many as 160 external sensors can be monitored by it. The Gateway ($199), which includes a siren and can monitor the same categories of smart home appliances as iota, is an additional choice. It has 151 device monitoring capacity.
Examples of smart home sensors that work with base stations include as follows:
- Smart Speaker — You can voice-control your smart home system by adding an Amazon Echo or Google Home speaker.
- Abode Cam is an interior security camera that can be mounted on a wall or placed on a tabletop using repositionable glue. Night vision, a motion sensor, two-way voice, and pre-alarm recording are highlights. The Cam will turn on if any aspect of your security system trips.
- Smart Home Power Switches - These switches enable you to operate connected products like lamps, fans, and toaster ovens from a distance.
- Smart Locks - Kwikset, Yale, and other top brands of smart locks are supported by Abode. Enjoy keyless entry and remote control of your locks from any location with a mobile connection.
- Smart Thermostats: For easy temperature management and energy savings, upgrade your Abode system with a Nest thermostat.
That is really a tiny selection. The Abode security center can also keep an eye on video screens, electronic window coverings, video doorbells, outdoor security cameras, and other gadgets.
A Hidden Gem: Evvr Center Lite
The Evvr Center Lite Home Automation Controller permits simple management of the home environment. It links Zigbee and Z-wave gadgets and enables communication via the Evvr app between several devices and a smartphone. Additionally, it offers voice commands and allows you to manage your home automation devices.
Multi-protocols connectivities: It could connect wirelessly to and operate Zigbee 3.0, BLE, and Z-Wave devices with built-in Modules.
Control, supervise and automate: Automation of door locks, blinds, cameras, sensors, and lights, among other things;
Big screen dashboard: Get a dashboard view of all your smart devices on your TV or display when the hub and Screen are linked through an HDMI connection.
- Simple Connect Remote Support
- Permit your Evvr to take control of your Evvr App and resolve an issue remotely.
- A live-stream view is also available for homeowners to monitor the process.
Home security is evolving, and the process is not going to decelerate anytime soon. Hence keeping up with modern automation security modules might come in handy and save a lot of bucks given a proper choice of equipment. Evvr can offer you a comprehensive smart home solution whether you are an integrator, professional installer, distributor, or DIYer. Get in touch with us and book a sample product today!