Z wave-based smart gadgets are becoming more and more popular every day thanks to their affordability and ease of installation. These devices are also simple to use as they are managed by a special smart Z wave hub or controller that, once coupled, configures the gadget for you automatically. The market offers a variety of smart Z wave products, including incredible smart Z wave dimmer switch.
Now, the question is, what is a z-wave dimmer switch?
Generally, the z-wave dimmer switch is the smart dimmer switch system connected to the home system hub and lets you control the lights remotely using voice commands or other methods. It also helps users control the intensity of the light and can, minimize power consumption, and create a healthy nighttime environment for better sleep.
It's a smart home solution that makes our lives more convenient and easier.
- What Is Z-wave Dimmer Switch?
- What Is the Importance of Using the Z-Wave Dimmer Switch?
- Best Z-wave Dimmer Switch on 2023
Once you install Z-wave dimmer switch at your home by replacing the old generation switches, it will control the devices remotely with ultra-modern technology, it will also let you control the brightness of the lights.
These kinds of smart dimmer switch are easy to install, and complete control will be available for multiple users. The users can control them with voice commands, and the response rate of most smart dimmer switches is pretty good.
The smart dimmer switches can be installed on the wall, and some also let you control the fan. It works with a home ecosystems hub and lets you enjoy controlling access just using your smartphone.
What Are the Differences Between Smart Dimmer Switch and Typical Switch?
Assuredly, a smart dimmer switch differs from all typical switches in many ways. You will observe differences both in their outlook and function.
One should learn about the differences between a Z-wave dimmer switch and the typical Z wave light switches to understand the function of smart dimmer switches. The following points will clear the concept for sure.
First of all, a smart dimmer switch comes with a wireless system, unlike typical switches. You don't need to connect the smart dimmer switches with the devices through the wire to activate them.
It works from any place you install it. But there is a distance range, and you need to install the smart dimmer switch inside the range. Mainly, it should be near the smart hub that will control the entire system at your home.
The design of the smart dimmer switches is in no way similar to the typical one. It comes in a minimalist design, and the board plate is smaller than the typical switch plate. Besides, the dimmer function also doesn't have a tap on or off the system.
Most smart dimmers like the Lutron z wave dimmer come with Led Light, which exposes the device's status linked with the dimmer. For sure, the typical switches don't have such useful features anyway.
Whatever facility the typical switch gives you doesn't matter. But they can never let you adjust the level of brightness like a smart dimmer switch can do. To dim the light or to raise its brightness, you don't need to go to the switch. Instead, you can do it directly from your smartphone or just by giving it a loud voice command.
A lot of people are still not familiar with the concept of the z-wave battery-powered lights and their smart dimmer switches. That's why many of them consider it very complicated and expensive.
The z wave dimmer switches are comparatively cheaper, and the prices have fallen in the last few years. However, if you need to be properly familiar with this concept, a short guide to its importance will help you eliminate all your confusion.
- The smart dimmer switch comes with a feature-rich function, and the price is lower in relation to that.
- Its high-tech command receiving sensor will accept voice commands and let you control the devices without any device or remote.
- You can control the status of the devices even if you are not at home. This smart dimmer is indeed easy to control by the authorized app.
- It lets you adjust the brightness level of the lights directly using your smartphone or giving a voice command.
- You can make a schedule to switch on or off the devices anytime you want.
- All your family members, even guests, will have access to control the devices with this dimmer.
- It also lets you check the status of the devices from the app.
- The smart dimmer switches come with a very innovative design, and they require no wire connection.
- You can enjoy control over the connected devices through WiFi or Bluetooth connection.
The following errands of the best Z-wave dimmer must move your intention to itself. Now, you must wish to buy some for your home. The following list of the best smart dimmer switch will help you choose one.
GE CYNC Smart Dimmer Light Switch
If you want to try the prettiest dimmer switch with the best possible minimalist design, GE CYNC Smart Dimmer should be your first choice. This is a dedicated dimmer for lights; you may not install it to control fans. However, the switch comes with smart LED lights that will show the status of the connected devices.
- Users can connect it with a 2.4GHz WiFi connection
- Easy to control with the Cync App
- Brightness adjustment capabilities
- Supports hands-free voice command smoothly
- To install it, the devices need to have the neutral wire
Leviton DSL06-1LZ Decora Universal Rocker Slide Dimmer
Undoubtedly, Leviton has a good name for being a popular electric parts manufacturer. And Leviton z wave dimmer is even more popular for its smart slide design. It's affordable and smooth. Further, it has a minimalist design, and it supports voice commands.
- It's a rocker slide universal dimmer
- Normally, works with most home ecosystems
- 3 convenient ways to install the smart dimmer switch
- Design to control LED lights and bulbs
- The design is similar to the typical switches
- Like the previous option, it doesn't control fans and other devices except for lights.
EVVR In-Wall Smart Relay Switch
We have a bonus recommendation though it's not actually a smart dimmer switch. Instead, it's the best Z-Wave Switch. EVVR In-Wall Relay switch functions best among all its competitors, and you can definitely replace a dimmer switch with it.
It‘s compatible perfectly with Z-Wave, Zigbee and HomeKit, which works with all conventional wall switches and makes any bulbs smart. With its unique split-type design, it won’t affect your home design. EVVR In-Wall Relay Switch supports Hardwired 3-Way or 4-Way Control with your existing wall switches, no neutral wire required and easy installation.
You can use this EVVR In-Wall relay switch to control the light bulbs and many other smart devices. Besides, it can be the indefectible switch to modernize your home system.
Lutron Caséta Wireless Smart Lighting Dimmer Switch
Like Leviton, Lutron is also a highly renowned electronic kit manufacturer. This wireless smart dimmer switch by Lutron supports almost all home system hubs, like the Z-wave hubs. Besides, it is highly affordable, and you can find it in almost any electronic shop.
- Doesn't need a WiFi connection and can be used without an internet connection
- Can be used both in an old or a new home
- Doesn't require a neutral wire
- Smooth voice command support
- Cannot let you adjust the brightness
- Doesn't come with a wall plate
Eva Z-Wave Plus Smart Dimmer
Smart z wave hubs can use technologies such as simple z wave or the Z-wave plus. You should try the dimmer from Eva if you have the Z-wave plus hub at your home. You can call it the best smart dimmer switch wall toggle, and it has a very minimalist outlook.
- Can be used both manually and by automatic control
- Controlling throught application is smooth and highly convenient
- Supports voice command with an outstanding response rate
- Brightness adjustment capabilities makes it highlya affordable
- Doesn't support most smart devices except the lights
HomeSeer HS-WX300 Z-Wave Plus Smart Dimmer
We have another smart dimmer switch that supports Z-wave plus, and it's from HomeSeer. , But unlike the previous one, it comes with a smart LED light setup that will show both the device status and its brightness level. You can smoothly customize the light's brightness level using this dimmer.
- Comes with a very minimalist outlook
- Support most of the home system hubs
- 7 different RGB lights will provide 7 different information
- Designed with S2 security and 2-factor authentication system
- Comparatively costly than its competitors
We’ve looked at some of the key aspects of smart z-wave dimmers. They’re tremendously convenient as you get to control, increase brightness and dim the light whenever you want using your smartphone. They’re also pretty cost effective since they can minimize power consumption to a certain degree. Last but not the least, they’re pretty easy to install.
Now, let us know which one you are planning to install at your home. If you have any confusion left or want to become our partner, please share it with us. Thank you.