We all know that doors serve as the main entry point whenever you want to enter your house or business. As it's the first thing people encounter when they visit you making your doors more secure and safe is mandatory. Significantly, in the case of corporate buildings, where random or unknown people come and go, the need for a door sensor increases. Multiple door sensors are available in the market, but Homekit products take the lead due to their efficiency and extra security features.
So, if you are looking for a Homekit Door Sensor that can cater to all your building needs, we have selected the most suitable options. Let's get into the details of each!
- What is a Homekit Door Sensor?
- Best Apple Homekit Door Sensors in 2023
- How to Select the Best Homekit Door Sensor?
- FAQs of HomeKit Door Sensor
A Homekit Door Sensor is an Apple-based bright door sensor that notifies you whenever your door is opened or closed. It facilitates monitoring the movement of your door, so you can record who has entered and when. All this recorded data is displayed on your phone; you stay updated with everything. Moreover, a smart Homekiit Door sensor has a WiFi feature that lets you control the sensor's working with a remote or your phone.
Here we have the details of some of the best Apple Homekit Door Sensors in 2023 for your residential or commercial buildings:
VOCOlinc Door Window Door Sensor
VOCOlinc produces the best top-quality security gadgets, and this window and HomeKit door sensor is no exception. The Homekit Home will quickly send a notification to your Apple devices whenever someone enters through this HomeKit door sensor. Even when you aren't home, you will get a notification alarming you about anyone who tries to pass through the gate. In addition, Siri, Alexa, or your Apple Watch will share the real-time status with you, so you don't forget to close all the windows and doors when it's time to rain.
The battery of this HomeKit sensor lasts more than six months and has an excellent battery-saving feature like Low energy Bluetooth technology. Being compact and thin, this sensor perfectly fits your doors and windows. What's the best part? After 6 pm, this Homekit Door Sensor will automatically illuminate your building to greet guests. Besides, installing it on storage room doors will alarm you about your kid's presence around dangerous objects in the store.
- Comes with a CR2032 coin power-saving battery with Bluetooth Low Energy 5.0. connection
- It works efficiently with Apple Homekit Software and gives you instant notifications on your Apple devices
- Embedded green LED light for a better view and door movement confirmation
- It's compact and thin, fitting perfectly on all types of doors and windows
- Allows you to connect it with other intelligent devices to create a well-automated home
Eve Door and Window Sensor
When it comes to flexibility, there's nothing better than Eve Door and Window Sensor. It utilized clip-in-space technology that allows the magnetic portion of the sensor to alter the shape of the installation area. So, whether you place it on uneven or trimmed surfaces, the output and functionality of the HomeKit door sensor will remain the same. It comes with Bluetooth technology that connects it with all your Apple devices, including TV and watches, to give you all the real-time updates about your doors and windows.
The most prominent feature of this Homekit Door Sensor is the extra data security you enjoy while using it. It's because you don't need registration, tracking, and cloud storage; instead, the manufacturing team of this smart door sensor, located in Germany, assists you with local intelligence and direct communication. Don't forget to link it with other smart comfort appliances in your home to have a fantastic experience!
- Utilizes Bluetooth technology to connect with Apple devices and get an immediate notification, even when away from home
- Has a durable and discreet design with all the mounting spacers
- Comes with a wireless and long-lasting Lithium battery
- It offers top-notch security and privacy because there is no need for registration, tracking, or even cloud
Aqara Door and Window Sensor
If you are short on budget and need something to secure your home, you can't go wrong with this Aqara Homekit Door Sensor. It requires a 2.4 GHz WiFi and connects with up to 128 different devices at once. So, if you have a stable WiFi connection, pair the sensor with all Apple-based devices to get quick notifications about the movement of your windows and doors.
Besides windows and doors, this Aqara HomeKit Door Sensor fits other objects that work on the exact mechanism, like drawers or cabinets, etc. The battery is made up of Lithium Metal that lasts for around two years in everyday usage, and after the warranty, you replace it with a new one for uninterrupted working!
- It works with 2.4 GHz WiFi and connects with over 120 devices
- Gives you quick real-time updates about your windows or doors' movement
- It makes your home more automated by connecting to other Aqara appliances in your home
- Compatible with Homekit, Alexa, and Siri
- Remote and voice control functions are available
Onvis 4-in-1 Bluetooth Wireless Door Window Sensor
Ever since the first sensor with an alarm was introduced, people also looked for similar products, but the cost stopped many from buying one for their homes. Looking at the situation, Onvis came up with the best 4-in-1 Apple Homekit Door Sensor that has all the modern functions wrapped in a plastic cover and is available at low cost. There's a small Onvis logo at the front of the door sensor and a LED light that brighten the space as soon as you activate it. In addition, there are four different security modes: Stay, Away, Night, and Off. The stay option is activated when you are home, and there's no need for an alarm.
When someone enters through the door, you will only get notified with a "ding dong" sound that's too soft for an alarm. The Away option is turned on when you are away from home, and if someone tries to break in, the sensor will activate the alarm that beeps loudly for anywhere between 10 seconds to 600 seconds, depending upon your settings. Sleep is when the residents are sleeping, and the alarm rings for 30 seconds when someone breaks in. The Off option means deactivating the door sensor. You can connect with your Apple devices to get quick notifications about temperature and door or window movement.
- It has four alarm settings: Stay, Sleep, Away, and Off
- It's multi-purpose and has temperature/humidity sensors, so you can also get weather information
- Has a replaceable AAA battery
- Features a powerful 120 dB alarm ringtone that can be reduced accordingly
Sengled Smart Window and Door Sensor
Similar to the Eve Apple Homekit Door Sensor, this Sengled Smart Window and Door Sensor is also an excellent product. However, its universal design makes the installation process quick and easy. Featuring strong adhesive, it easily sticks to any area hassle-free. Moreover, the magnet in it is without any spaces and efficient enough to compensate for every type of potential difference in surfaces. It needs the Sengled Hub or ZigBee Hub for connectivity and performance. Place it on your door or window and get updates on your Apple devices now!
- Works with voice and remote control
- It needs Sengled Hub or ZigBee Hub for connectivity
- Has one portion without a spacers magnet to compensate for varying potential differences
Let's discuss the top features one should look for in the best Homekit Door Sensor:
- Integration: Make sure top-notch and modern technology is integrated into your Homekit Door Sensor so that you can monitor your doors and windows' movement smartly. In addition, the sensor should be able to connect with other innovative electronics and appliances like cameras, electric switches, humidifiers, etc., to help you create an automated home.
- Accessibility: Look for an Apple Homekit Door Sensor with an app that lets you turn it on and off by touching a few options on your phone.
- Installation: The best Homekit Door Sensor would be free from all the wires and can easily be installed with the help of a magnet or adhesive. Extensive wires always pose the risk of being electrocuted and aren't pet-friendly.
A Homekit Door Sensor is mandatory for homes located in areas with high crime rates. All the Apple Homekit Door Sensors discussed above are excellent, but Eve Door Sensor takes the lead due to the product's extra security, privacy, and multi-purpose nature. You can also choose the EVVR Homekit In-Wall Smart Relay Switch to make your home more automated. This switch works with Apple Homekit so that you can control the lights with Siri or other Apple devices.
What's more? You can use it with all bulbs, like halogen, fluorescent, incandescent, etc., without adding to the overall electricity load. So, don't wait and build the foundation of a smart and secure home with a fantastic Homekit Door Sensor and this EVVR HomeKit In-Wall Smart Relay Switch! EVVR can offer you a comprehensive smart home solution whether you are an integrator, professional installer, distributor, or DIYer. Get in touch with us and become our partner today! You can also shop now through our product page directly!
EVVR has a range of smart home products that provide a complete and comfortable home experience. Introducing the EVVR Energy Monitoring Smart Plug – currently crowdfunding with an exclusive invitation for you to explore its features. Limited-Time Pre-Sale Alert! Get smart with EVVR Smart Plug at 30% to 55% off discounts!
Why Are Apple Homekit Door Sensors Expensive?
Apple Homekit Door Sensors are expensive because Apple focuses on privacy and security. This makes it very hard for small manufacturers to get hardware approval, making Apple the most expensive electronic brand.
How do Homekit Door Sensors Work?
The Homekit Door Sensors connect to Bluetooth or WiFi through a hub and then notify you about the opening and closing of your windows or doors on your Apple devices.
Do You Need Eufy Door Sensor Homekit for Proper Working?
Yes, you need to get the Homekit software approved for Eufy Door Sensor for using it. Otherwise, it will not support other apps, making it impossible for detectors to work when there's any activity.