Have you ever witnessed a home with colorful outdoor lighting immediately drawing your attention? There are no extensions or cords spread anywhere for connectivity, but the lights are being dimmed, and colors are changing, it seems magical, no? Don't be surprised anymore; you can also add this aesthetic flare to your home by installing smart outdoor lights.
Besides giving a curb appeal to your home, smart outdoor lights also increase security. So, if you are all set to go with smart outdoor lights but need help figuring out where to start, we got you covered. Let's discuss different smart lighting solutions that will quickly lift the overall appearance of your outdoors!
It refers to an outdoor lighting system that can be easily controlled remotely using the internet. These smart lights enable you to create scenes with easy management via a mobile app, voice assistants, or personal assistants. The best part about these smart outdoor lights is that you can manage the lighting while sitting miles away from home.
Due to this versatility and convenience, more and more people are going towards smart lighting. According to Markets and Markets, the global smart lighting market is expected to reach 27.7 billion by 2026.
The different smart outdoor lights are listed below, so you can select the one that best suits your home's needs. Let's discuss them in detail!
1. Smart Bulbs
A smart bulb is a wireless lighting device that gives you the freedom to schedule, manage, and have complete control over your home's lighting system. They also resemble typical LED bulbs in appearance; however, smart bulbs are more advanced and functional. In the growing smart lighting industry, smart bulbs are an ultimate success and one of the most sought-after products.
Cree Lighting Connected Max PAR38
If you want to add modern outdoor lighting to your space but are short on budget, the Cree Lighting Connected Max got you covered. Its sleek design and brightness level resembling expensive innovative bulb options make it a great budget-friendly pick. It allows you to create multiple scenes and also has a Bluetooth control feature. The best part about this bulb is that it lets you change the white levels effortlessly. Below are the prominent features of the Cree Bulb:
- Comes with extensive features and modes, such as the vacation mode that allows you to turn the lights on or off when away from home.
- Has a high brightness of approximately 1200 lumens.
- Offers both colored and white light.
Hoover Lynx Dream Bluetooth and WiFi Outdoor String Lights
Are you searching for something colorful yet classy for your next outdoor party? If so, look no further than Hoover Lynx Dream Bluetooth and WiFi String Lights! Typically, these bulbs are attached to a string of 48 to 96 feet in length. Each bulb has a multi-color feature and can be controlled via your smart device.
Additionally, these bulbs are compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, so you can easily change the lighting schedule through voice commands. They are easy to install, bring a unique flare to your party, and are fun to use.
- Offers a wide range of customization options, bringing more colors and styles to your party.
- You don't need a separate hub to operate these lights.
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant for more convenience.
2. Smart Switches
A smart switch is a programmable wireless light switch that offers the same functionality as traditional switches and some excellent home automation features. They resemble conventional switches in design and are plugged into the same space. However, a few things make a smart switch different from traditional ones. Let's look at them:
- They have radio waves feature that enables them to connect to nearby networks and become part of IoT. You can then control and manage these switches using any smart device or voice assistant.
- Their structure can be slightly different from traditional switches as some come with additional buttons while others have indicator lights.
Evvr In-Wall Relay Switch
If you want to kickstart your smart lighting journey, Evvr In-Wall Relay Switch can be a reliable partner! It's an excellent smart relay switch designed for both new and 90s-built homes. It comprises a smart relay and switches that quickly convert any typical lighting system into an automated one. Unlike other switches, the smart relay part always remains connected or online.
This means you can easily manage and control your home's lighting through apps or voice assistants even when the switch is turned off. The Evvr smart switch works with all regulators, such as toggle switches, momentary push buttons, and smart remote buttons.
What's the best part? It's available in three different versions: Homekit, ZigBee, and Z-Wave, to cater to the needs of everyone. So, whether you have an Apple device or a ZigBee hub, connect this switch with them now to have a fully automated lighting system.
- Works with all bulbs such as incandescent, halogen, fluorescent, etc.
- Doesn't require neutral wire means even older homes without such a setup can also benefit from this switch.
- Supports hard-wired 3-way or 4-way systems so that you can control this fixture by multiple conventional switches.
- Has Homekit, ZigBee, and Z-Wave compatibility and caters to the needs of many people.
Kasa Smart WiFi Light Switch
Kasa is another great smart light switch that brings a unique charm to your outdoor events and helps you get the best smart outdoor lights. Once you install this switch, you can control your home's lighting and manage it through the Kasa App. Not only this, but the Kasa Switch is compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa, which means giving instructions via voice is a piece of cake.
Overall its design is very simple as there's one on/off button and a LED light that shows the brightness level. As it's a smart dimmer switch, you can also perform many customizations, such as setting dimming speeds and creating schedules. However, unlike Evvr In-Wall Relay Switch, the Kasa needs a neutral wire for installation, making it a good choice for only new homeowners. Here are the prominent features of the Kasa Smart WiFi Light Switch:
- Has a random lighting mode that immediately stimulates occupancy.
- Requires neutral wire for installation, which means they are the choice of the new homeowner.
- Allows you to customize things such as integrating timers, countdowns, setting random mode, etc.
3. Smart Plugs
Generally, a smart plug is a wireless adapter that controls the flow of electricity to the wired devices and makes them smart. They go into a simple wall outlet, and you can manage everything through a mobile app or a voice assistant. To achieve smart outdoor lights, you must connect your lighting devices to the plug and manage them wirelessly.
Evvr Energy Monitoring Smart Plug and Relay
The first on the list and the top choice of many people is the Evvr Energy Monitoring Smart Plug and Relay. It efficiently connects all your new and old lighting devices and gives them a new and smart life. This plug is Homekit compatible, which means you can manage all your smart appliances or lighting devices from anywhere, anytime.
You can also give voice commands via Siri when occupied with something but want to change the working of your devices. It's easy to set up and support current up to 16 amps. Moreover, you can keep an eye on your hourly energy consumption and prevent vampire draw with this exceptional Evvr Plug. Let's discuss a few of its key features:
- Compatible with Homekit and Siri to give you more charge over your lighting devices.
- Has overload and thermal protection that keeps you safe and makes it a great smart outdoor lights.
- Has a split-type design that doesn't occupy much space on your wall.
- Works with the Evvr app to create scenes and monitor energy usage.
Wemo Smart Plug
When it comes to smart outdoor lights, Wemo is also a popular name, offering great smart plugs. Although it doesn't have an energy monitoring feature, it comprises other features like compatibility with various assistants, including Siri. A clear-away mode allows you to turn on lights automatically when you aren't home.
Additionally, the Wemo Smart Plug features a button, so when you don't want to use the mobile app or voice command, turn the lights on manually. However, compared to Evvr Smart Plug, the Wemo has a large design that occupies plenty of space on your wall. Let's discuss a few features of this smart plug:
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Siri and is Homekit compatible.
- Comes with a physical button to allow manual operation.
- Features different modes and schedules, such as the clear away mode that allows you to turn the lamps on when not home.
There are multiple smart outdoor lights available which make the selection procedure overwhelming. That's where Evvr helps you! We have various smart lighting products that bring life to your outdoor events and make visitors fall in love with automation and aesthetics. We offer Evvr In-Wall Relay Switch, Evvr Hub, Evvr Energy Monitoring Smart Plug&Relay, and much more! All our products are high-quality and wrap exciting features at a minimal price. So, don't wait, and get in touch now to grab your favorite innovative lighting products!