Doing laundry with a traditional washer and dryer is undoubtedly chaotic and time-consuming. You need to do everything manually - like setting the right cycles, checking detergent levels, etc. You also make multiple trips back and forth between the laundry room and other areas of the home to monitor and ensure the right settings are selected. All this makes the laundry day hectic and energy-draining. But worry no more! Nowadays, there's a smart washer and dryer in the market that streamlines the whole washing and drying process.
It has exciting features like wireless connectivity, seamless voice control, real-time notifications about washer settings, and energy efficiency. All this makes your laundry day a breeze. So, if you are in search of a reliable smart washer and dryer for your home, we have listed a few amazing options. Let's discuss them!
- What is a Smart Washer and Dryer?
- Best Smart Washer and Dryer of 2023
- Why Use Smart Appliances?
- EVVR Energy Monitor Plug and Relay - A Way to Transform Your Traditional Washer and Dryer into a Smart One!
A smart washer and dryer resemble a traditional washer in design, but its uniqueness lies in its advanced features. It comes with wireless functionality that allows you to easily control and manage the washer and dryer settings and cycles remotely via the app.
If you are busy, then you can control everything with your voice commands. You receive real-time notifications on your device alerting you about cycle completion, detergent levels, and much more. You can also set customized schedules for different types of laundry, such as delicates, bedding, or heavily soiled clothes.
Moreover, the built-in diagnostic sensor in a smart washer and dryer alerts you whenever a fault or repair is needed. The best feature of this appliance is that it's energy-efficient compared to a traditional washer and helps you save bucks! Due to such countless benefits, the smart washing machine market is expected to hit $32.21 billion by 2030.
Here are some of the best smart washer and dryer options for you to try in 2023:
1. LG Smart Washer and Dryer
You can have the best laundry experience with LG Smart Dryer as it effortlessly tackles larger loads in record time. With five jets and adjustable sprays, this remarkable duo delivers a thorough clean in under 30 minutes. The Dryer's TurboSteam™ technology is perfect for quickly refreshing clothes in between washes and sanitizing children's toys, decorative pillows, and more.
Worried about allergens? Fear not, as the LG WashTower™ is equipped to handle common household allergens that cling to your clothing. The Allergiene™ wash cycle utilizes steam to eliminate up to 95% dust, pet dander, and pollen from your wardrobe.
This smart washer and dryer have a sleek, scratch-resistant tempered glass door adorned with chrome rim accents. Thanks to their ultra-large capacity of 4.5 cu.ft. for the washer and 7.4 cu.ft. for the dryer, you can fit more in each load and save precious time. Say goodbye to sorting and cycle selection hassles because the built-in sensors employ AI technology. It detects fabric texture and load size and automatically customizes wash motions, dry temperatures, and more for advanced fabric care.
- It has an ultra-large capacity of 4.5 cu.ft. for the washer & 7.4 cu. ft. for the dryer to do more laundry in less time
- Built-in sensors with AI technology detect fabric texture and load size for customized wash and dry settings
- WiFi connectivity for remote cycle monitoring and problem diagnosis
- Five jets with variable sprays for robust and efficient cleaning in under 30 minutes
- TurboSteam™ technology in the dryer for quick clothes refreshing and sanitizing
- Allergiene™ wash cycle removes up to 95% of common allergens like dust and pet dander
2. Samsung Washer and Dryer
Next on our list of the best smart washer and dryers is the Samsung Smart Dryer! This dryer comes with heat pump technology to dry your clothes efficiently and gently. Instead of using electricity, it employs a unique substance called 'refrigerant' to heat the air. This helps save energy and reduces electricity costs. The 40' Express Cycle is perfect for small loads, drying up to 2 lbs of clothes in just 40 minutes. It saves you time and ensures that you have dry and wearable garments when you need them. No more waiting around!
With the Sensor Dry feature, you don't have to worry about damaging your clothes with excessive heat. The dryer automatically adjusts the drying time and temperature to protect your garments while minimizing energy consumption.
It features WiFi connectivity and has a Smart Care functionality allowing you to troubleshoot any issues with your dryer using your smartphone. Moreover, the reversible dryer door gives you flexibility in choosing the opening direction that suits your laundry room layout. You can adjust it to fit your space and make laundry chores more convenient.
- Heat pump technology for efficient and gentle drying
- Uses refrigerant rather than electricity to heat the air
- 40' Express Cycle dries a small load in just 40 minutes
- Sensor Dry optimizes time and temperature to protect clothes and save energy
- Smart Care for easy troubleshooting with your smartphone
- 12 preset drying cycles for various needs
3. GE Smart Washer and Dryer
Introducing GE's latest laundry appliances: the GE Smart Dryer and Washer. With the 28-inch front load smart washer, you can accomplish more in less time. Thanks to its SmartDispense Technology, you can store up to 32 loads of detergent and let the washer automatically dispense the perfect amount for each wash. Plus, the built-in WiFi allows you to start, stop, and monitor your laundry, receiving real-time updates for added convenience.
By pairing a 28-inch electric smart dryer with a washer, you can make your laundry experience absolutely hassle-free. The dryer's steam technology allows you to refresh and de-wrinkle your clothes effortlessly. Additionally, the Sanitize Cycle ensures the elimination of common household bacteria that may be lingering on your garments.
Need clothes in a hurry? The Quick Dry cycle swiftly dries small loads, while options like damp alert and wrinkle care provide added convenience.
- Auto-load sensing capability for the perfect detergent amount
- Microban® antimicrobial technology to prevent bacteria buildup
- Steam technology for refreshing and de-wrinkling clothes
- Sanitize Cycle to eliminate common household bacteria
- Quick Dry cycle for fast drying of small loads
- Built-in WiFi for remote control and real-time updates
4. Whirlpool Smart Washer and Dryer
The Whirlpool Smart Washer and Dryer - is a revolutionary laundry appliance designed to simplify your laundry routine. With its Load and Go(TM) Plus dispenser, you can save time by adding detergent and fabric softener once. This eliminates the need for refills for up to 20 loads. The Whirlpool® app lets you set, start, or pause the wash and dry cycle from anywhere. So, you always control and keep track of the progress of your laundry. Accessing your most frequently used settings is now effortless with the intuitive touchscreen.
You can even create and save up to 30 of your own favorite cycles for personalized care. Thanks to its slim and ventless design, this washer and dryer can be installed anywhere - maximizing your space and flexibility. Moreover, a Wrinkle Shield(TM) option keeps clothes tumbling for over 12 hours after the cycle ends or until you open the door, preventing wrinkles from setting into your clothes!
- Touchscreen for quick and easy access to customized settings, enhancing user experience
- The slim, ventless design allows for easy placement in various spaces
- Wrinkle Shield(TM) option tumbles clothes to prevent wrinkles, reducing ironing needs
- TumbleFresh(TM) option performs periodic rolling of clothes to minimize wrinkles without immediate drying
- Control laundry from anywhere with the app remotely
Smart appliances offer several benefits and conveniences, making them popular among homeowners. Following are some key reasons to use smart or home automation appliances like smart washers and dryers, smart kettles, smart dishwashers, smart toasters, etc.:
- Automation and Remote Control: Smart appliances can be controlled remotely using smartphones or other connected devices. This allows you to operate your appliances even when away from home, providing convenience and flexibility.
- Energy Efficiency: Many smart appliances are made energy-efficient and help you reduce utility bills and environmental impact. They can optimize energy usage based on your preferences or automatically adjust settings to conserve energy when not in use.
- Enhanced Monitoring and Maintenance: Smart appliances provide you with real-time monitoring and alerts. So you can stay updated on their status and performance. These alerts also help identify issues early on, schedule maintenance or repairs, and prevent potential breakdowns.
EVVR Energy Monitor Plug and Relay - A Way to Transform Your Traditional Washer and Dryer into a Smart One!
Undoubtedly a smart washer and dryer help you save bucks in the long run, but they are costly upfront. And if you cannot buy a smart washer and dryer, smart plugs can save your day! These plugs have advanced features and wireless connectivity that quickly transforms your traditional washer into a smart one. Here's the best Homekit smart plug in this regard:
EVVR Energy Monitoring Smart Plug and Relay
Upgrade your traditional washer and dryer to smart ones with the EVVR Energy Monitoring Smart Plug and Relay. The energy insights are 99% accurate, and you can monitor and predict the power usage of your devices using the EVVR app.
One of the prominent features of our Smart Energy Monitor Plug is the Magnetic Retention Relay - which consumes a remarkable 90% less working energy (only 0.5-1W) compared to other products on the market. This saves you money and reduces your energy bills.
Our EVVR smart plug also provides overload and thermal protection, so you rest assured knowing your devices are protected. The tamper-proof shell and button lock design adds an extra layer of safety. It can easily handle currents up to 16 amps, making it compatible with high-power appliances while lowering the risk of electrical fires.
We understand the importance of space-saving design in your home. Our Smart Energy Monitor features a compact design and a 90-degree angle extension cord. This means it won't stick out several inches from the wall like typical smart plugs, giving you more space and a neater appearance.
- Magnetic Retention Relay consumes 90% less energy
- Provides overload and thermal protection
- Shell tamper-proof and button lock design for safety
- Compatible with high-power appliances (up to 16 amps)
- Space-saving design with a compact and 90-degree angle extension cord
- Remote control via EVVR App and is Homekit compatible
A smart washer and dryer can make your life easy by automating the whole washing and drying clothes process. It allows you to remotely control the washer settings and optimize energy usage. Moreover, you receive real-time alerts on your device when there's some issue with the washer and dryer. However, if you are reluctant to invest in a smart washer and dryer, then smart plugs can be your ideal partner.
EVVR Energy Monitoring Smart Plug and Relay is a popular choice as it's affordable and quickly makes your traditional washer/dryer smart. It offers excellent energy-saving options, an elegant design, and exceptional safety features. You can also try other EVVR products like EVVR Hub, EVVR Center Lite, EVVR In-Wall Relay Switch, etc., to have a smarter home and life!