Winter can be pleasant when you consider the heat of summer. However, it comes with its chill. So, finding the perfect balance between warmth and energy efficiency becomes paramount. For that purpose, if you are looking for something compact yet effective, a small space heater may come in handy.
Beyond offering heat, the functionalities of space heaters have evolved. Now, these heaters offer smart technology that enhances both efficiency and safety. While it is true that your electrical bill may experience a slight increase, the trade-off often results in substantial savings. Plus, you get the flexibility to target specific areas for warmth.
In this guide, we will look at the factors to consider before investing in a new space heater. Together, we will understand the different types of heaters and explore their innovative features.
- Exploring Different Types of Space Heaters
- Pros and Cons of DIY Space Heaters
- Safety Considerations: Space Heaters and Power Strips
- Focus on EVVR Energy Monitoring Smart Plug
- Integrating Smart Heating Systems with EVVR Center Lite
When you go to the market, you may find various types of space heaters. These space heaters may come in different sizes as well. Despite their types and sizes, they all have one thing in common - keeping you warm. These are the main types of space heaters based on size, heating capacity, and safety features:
1. Ceramic Heaters
These electric heaters use ceramic rolls with metal coils to distribute hot air. They are lightweight, portable, and ideal for personal heating in smaller spaces.
Ceramic heaters are compact yet efficient at heating small areas. Plus, they are portable and cost-effective. With that said, they are not good for heating larger spaces and can dry out the air.
2. Oil-Filled Radiator Heaters
By containing oil and metal fins for heat radiation, these heaters resemble traditional radiators. While they take time to warm up, they stay hot for an extended period. Also, they are a quiet heating solution.
Oil-filled radiator heaters are renowned for being energy-efficient. Additionally, they can offer long-lasting heat retention.
Speaking of the downsides of these heaters, they are hot to touch, posing a burn risk. Some models have automatic shut-off when tipped.
3. Infrared Heaters
These heaters use energy-efficient infrared rays for targeted heating. They are commonly found in outdoor settings. They emit ambient light and are quiet during operation.
Infrared heaters can produce heat very quickly. They are good for targeted heating. On top of that, they have no impact on room humidity. However, prolonged use of these heaters may have adverse effects on skin cells.
4. Propane Space Heaters
These heaters are versatile. You can mount them on walls or use them freestanding. Propane space heaters are also known as "blue flame" heaters. They can add moisture to spaces. So, they can be used indoors and outdoors.
They operate on natural gas, so there is a potential risk of carbon monoxide. Luckily, these heaters often include safety features like low-oxygen shut-off systems. In addition, regular checks on the detector are crucial.
5. Quartz Space Heaters
Using a quartz element for heating, quartz space heaters produce heat through invisible infrared light. These heaters offer a different heating pattern compared to ceramic heaters. Therefore, quartz space heaters are more energy-efficient compared to ceramic heaters.
However, these heaters heat spaces in straight lines. So, they require exact positioning for optimal warmth.
A DIY space heater can be crafted from common household items. This can be a cost-effective and creative approach to heating spaces. However, like any DIY project, they come with both advantages and drawbacks.
Pros of DIY Space Heaters:
- Often, DIY space heaters are more budget-friendly compared to commercially available options. To reduce expenses, you can repurpose items you already have at home.
- Since you are creating your own space heater, you will have customization options based on your specific needs.
- Speaking of customization, you can incorporate features into your DIY space heater depending on your preferences. For instance, you can add a timer or smart technology to your heater.
- DIY space heaters can be environmentally friendly, especially if you use recycled materials. This eco-conscious approach can meet sustainability goals.
- You get a hands-on learning experience by building a DIY space heater. So, you understand the principles of heating and experiment with different materials.
Cons of DIY Space Heaters:
- DIY space heaters may lack the safety features found in commercial models. This may increase the risk of fire hazards or electrical issues.
- Achieving consistent and efficient heating with a DIY space heater can be challenging. Commercial models are engineered for optimal performance and safety.
- Homemade heaters may not have the durability and longevity of professionally manufactured units. Components might wear out faster, leading to potential malfunctions.
Space heaters are popular for their ability to quickly warm indoor spaces. They can warm small rooms, large rooms, and even outdoor settings like garages. However, we should use them safely, especially when plugging them into power strips.
So, can you plug a space heater into a power strip? The short answer is no. Plugging a space heater into a power strip can pose serious safety risks. Space heaters draw a significant amount of power, and power strips may not be equipped to handle the load. This can lead to overheating, melting, or even causing a fire.
Therefore, it is crucial to know some safety tips for using space heaters. Hopefully, the following safety tips will do:
- Direct Outlet Connection: Always plug your space heater directly into a wall outlet. This provides a stable and dedicated power source. This approach reduces the risk of overheating.
- Avoid Daisy Chaining: Do not daisy chain multiple power strips or extension cords to reach the outlet. This can overload the circuit and increase the chances of a fire hazard.
- Selecting the Right Space Heater: Determine your needs first. Then, choose a space heater accordingly. It can be a small space heater, the best space heater for a large room, or an outdoor space heater. Just make sure it has adequate safety features.
- Keep a Safe Distance: Maintain a safe distance between the space heater and any flammable materials. This includes curtains, furniture, and bedding.
- Regular Inspection: Inspect your space heater periodically. This will indicate any signs of damage or wear. If you notice a problem, fix it immediately rather than continuing to use the heater.
- Use Smart Plugs for Added Safety: Using smart plugs, such as the EVVR Energy Monitoring Smart Plug, can add an extra layer of safety. These plugs offer additional safety features. On top of that, they allow you to remotely control and schedule the operation of your space heater.
Change the traditional way of controlling and monitoring your space heaters with the cutting-edge EVVR Energy Monitoring Smart Plug. This innovative device provides a versatile solution for various applications.
The EVVR Energy Monitoring Smart Plug is equipped with 2-core and 3-core cables. It is capable of handling currents up to 16 amps at 85 to 245 volts. This makes it ideal for use with high-power space heaters. In addition, it can integrate with both older and newer home gadgets. Think of it as a universal solution for your smart space heater or a traditional one.
This smart plug can be used with a small space heater, an outdoor space heater, and even a DIY space heater. Unlike typical smart plugs, this device transforms the way we interact with household devices. It lets you experience the full capability of the best space heater.
This smart plug allows you to control your smart heater with the EVVR App. So, you don't have to reach behind furniture or crawl under desks to control your space heater. With the EVVR App, you can manage your heating devices remotely with a simple tap on your smartphone. At the same time, you can keep track of your energy consumption and optimize the efficiency of your space heaters.
The EVVR Smart Plug goes beyond convenience; it enhances accessibility for individuals with physical disabilities. Plus, you can manage over 80% of your plugged-in home appliances with this smart plug. So, enjoy a user-friendly way to control space heaters. Smart technology will be within anyone's reach, thanks to the EVVR Smart Plug.
Let's talk about the EVVR Center Lite - the ultimate device for superior control and comfort in your home heating. This smart hub simplifies and enhances the way you manage your heating devices. It provides an efficient and unified ecosystem for your living space. If you haven't integrated this device into your home, you should definitely think about it.
Here are some notable features of the EVVR Center Lite:
Fine Compatibility for Smart Heating
The EVVR Center Lite effortlessly syncs with a variety of smart devices. It provides impeccable compatibility. Giving you the facilities of the best space heater, it generates a harmonious and unified smart home environment. Hence, there are no concerns about device connectivity.
Simple Control Hub
Enjoy a centralized command center for all your smart devices with EVVR Center Lite. Through the user-friendly EVVR app, gain real-time control over your space heater. Pair it seamlessly with the EVVR Smart Plug and Smart In-Wall Relay Switch to create a comprehensive heating control system at your fingertips.
Extended Coverage for Larger Spaces
With the EVVR Center Lite, you can expand your home network effortlessly. It creates a stable single-star network that covers your entire home. Regardless of the room you are in, your heating devices remain connected and controllable without interruption. Overall, it will maintain optimal warmth in every corner.
Automation for Optimal Comfort
Experience effective heating with the automation feature of EVVR Center Lite. Create cost-saving automation rules for your heating devices using Wi-Fi, Zigbee 3.0, and the Sub-1 GHz Proprietary protocol. These rules preserve the highest level of comfort while improving the energy efficiency of your house.
User-Friendly Interface for Customization
As said earlier, you can manage all your smart heating devices through the intuitive EVVR app. Alternatively, you can also visit the EVVR website if you don't have your smartphone in hand. Thanks to the user-friendly interface, you can adjust the optimal temperature according to your comfort. EVVR Center Lite offers both control and comfort on a single, accessible platform.
Offline Connectivity for Reliability
EVVR Center Lite guarantees continuous communication among connected devices, even without an internet connection. With this device, you can regulate the temperature even in the absence of internet connectivity. It enhances the reliability, security, and functionality of your smart heating devices.
As we wrap up, it is clear that the evolution of space heaters goes beyond just providing heat. Even small space heaters can create an intelligent heating experience. Congrats! You have uncovered the versatility of modern heating solutions.
If you are seeking not just warmth but also efficiency, you can integrate EVVR products. The EVVR Center Lite and EVVR Smart Plug offer a gateway to smarter heating. It is the next step in elevating comfort.
Contact us to explore how EVVR products can enhance your space heater and bring a new level of intelligence to your home.