Nowadays, almost everyone has a handful of smart devices in their home that make life much easier. However, with plenty of devices and managing them through different apps and devices becomes challenging. So, a smart hub or a smart home controller is the best solution to take you out of this trouble. It allows you to control all your smart devices from one point and give them proper space for interaction.
There are plenty of smart home controllers available in the market, and you can definitely find the best one easily. However, with abundance comes confusion; therefore, to help you get the best smart hub for your home, we have discussed the top 8 smart home controller options and their features. So, let's dig further!
What is a Smart Home Controller and What Does it Do?
A smart home controller, also called a smart home hub, is the primary part or brain behind your ideal smart home. With this controller, you can access all your smart home devices and manage them accordingly. These devices include smart door locks, garage doors, thermostats, lighting, HVAC system, etc.
You can easily turn the lights on and off or open the front door with a voice command. Your life becomes more manageable, organized, and informed. So, get a smart home controller and say forever Goodbye to the frustration that comes with the lack of communication between your smart devices.
Top 8 Smart Home Controllers
- 1. Amazon Echo (Fourth Generation)
- 2. Evvr Center Lite
- 3. Sonos One Smart Home Controller
- 4. Aeotec Smart Home Controller
- 5. Starling Home Hub
- 6. Hubitat Elevation Smart Home Controller
- 7. Apple Homepod Mini
- 8. Wink Hub 2
As mentioned earlier, a handful of smart home controller options are available in the market, and each one offers unique features. However, providing convenience and complete control over your home remains the most consistent feature in all hubs. Here are the top innovative home controller options that can make your life easier:
The first and the best smart home controller on the list is the Amazon Echo Fourth Generation. This home controller is compatible with Bluetooth, WiFi, and ZigBee. Moreover, it can easily get connected to all Low-powered devices, making it an absolute choice for many. The Alexa feature allows you to manage and automatically activate all other home devices.
Its round design and the power of being a fantastic speaker full of bass make it different. Surprisingly, the Amazon Echo smart home controller works with all audio services, including Audible, Amazon Music, Spotify, etc.
Here are its primary features:
- Has WiFi, ZigBee, Amazon Sidewalk, and Bluetooth connectivity
- Small design and works as a powerful speaker
- Works with Amazon, Arlo, iRobot, and more
- Comes with a built-in ZigBee hub that supports all your ZigBee-compatible devices.
- Easy to set up
- Impressive voice and sound
- Activation light isn't very visible
The next smart home controller and the ultimate best choice for anyone who wants complete and quick home automation is the Evvr Center Lite. It's highly secure, affordable, and reliable. Featuring a mesh network design, this excellent smart home controller connects all your smart home devices and allows them to communicate efficiently. Moreover, all your data is stored locally, which means no cyber threats or attacks can affect your home's automation.
The Evvr Center Lite has all connectivity options, such as ZigBee, Z-Wave, Bluetooth, and WiFi. Its built-in battery makes it unique from other products of the same category. So, your data will stay safe if there's a power outage or the connection is lost. Additionally, this smart home controller keeps checking your smart devices’ working so that you can set scenes through the Evvr App or voice control. This controller gives you access to all real-time entertainment, climate, and security updates.
Here are the features of Evvr Center Lite:
- Compatible with ZigBee, Z-Wave, Bluetooth, and WiFi.
- Store data locally and keep it safe.
- Comes with a built-in battery to prevent data loss.
- Features a 1W speaker to give you a good music experience.
- Has an LED indicator button to notify you whether it's on or off.
- Highly reliable and secure
- Give complete control over all types of smart home devices
- Affordable option
- Good voice quality and sound
If you are looking for a reliable wireless home controller with all the features of an excellent speaker, the Sonos One home controller is for you. This speaker comes with two amplifiers, a woofer, high-frequency tweeted, and an ideal microphone.
Its microphone records your voice clearly, regardless of the background noise. Its connectivity with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa makes this product a home automation controller. All your home devices with the same connectivity will quickly work with this Sonos One hub.
Let's discuss the primary features of the Sonos One Speaker or home controller:
- Connects with Ethernet, WiFi, Google, Amazon, and Airplay 2
- You can give voice commands through Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
- Collects music from top platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, etc
- Has a top-notch microphone that records noise-free audio
- Streams are stored either locally or in the cloud
- Solid and durable design
- Very Expensive
- Complicated setup
Aeotec wireless home controller isn't for those who want something stylish; instead, this hub is for those who prefer versatility and functionality over design. As this smart controller is compatible with ZigBee and Z-Wave, you can use it to connect thousands of devices.
The best part about having this Aeotec smart home controller is that it also supports SmartThings - a feature available for Samsung devices. With this, you can also use all the Samsung devices and manage them hassle-free using voice commands, apps, iPhones, etc.
Let's look at the top features offered by this Aeotec smart hub:
- Works with ZigBee, Z-Wave, and SmartThings and manages thousands of devices easily
- Features Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa voice features
- Compatible with 5000 devices from different brands
- Multiple control options
- Highly versatile
- Automation setup is challenging
- Expensive option
The Starling Home Controller or Hub is great for one task: connecting all Nest devices to the Apple Homekit platform. It's great for those who were tired of Nest and Apple not working together. With this Starling Hub, you can benefit from Nest's best thermostats and smoke detectors.
The best thing about this hub is that it lets you view your Nest camera in the Apple Home app and enables you to use Homekit secure video for all the supported Nest cameras. Moreover, Starling has recently launched an iOS app to make things easier for you, so you no longer have to use it on a web interface.
Below, we have mentioned the critical features of Starling Hub:
- Allows Nest devices to work with the Apple Homekit platform
- Let you view the Nest camera in the Apple home app
- It has an iOS app, so you don't have to use the web interface for device management
- Manage everything from Nest thermostats, smoke detectors, cameras, etc
- Perfect for people with Homekit and Nest products owners
- No WiFi connectivity
This smart home automation system has a steep learning curve and excellent controls that allow you to manage all your home devices. It's very small in size but packs outstanding functionalities along with ZigBee and Z-Wave connectivity.
Anyone who wants to create specific schedules and scenes will find this Hubitat Elevation Smart Home Controller a perfect product. In addition, there's a mobile app that gives you complete freedom to monitor all your devices.
Let's glance at the most prominent features of the Hubitat Elevation Smart Home Controller:
- Compatible with ZigBee and Z-Wave
- Offers a mobile app for monitoring smart devices
- Has a steep learning curve but excellent controls
- Device data is well-stored and protected
- Allows complex device interactions
- No WiFi connectivity and needs a router
The Apple Homepod Mini is fantastic for controlling all Apple and Homekit compatible devices. This wireless remote controller looks similar to the Amazon Echo but offers a more detailed color range. The list of devices controlled using this Hub isn't as much as it's for SmartThings, but it still gives you plenty of control. You can benefit from its personalized listening feature and start jamming to your favorite song straight away.
Here are the primary features of the Apple Homepod Mini:
- Compatible with Thread, Siri, and Apple Homekit so that you can control several devices.
- It has a small size and a broader color range compared to Amazon Echo.
- Comes with a personalized listening suggestions feature, allowing you to jam to your favorite song.
- Impressive and powerful 360 degrees sound
- Solid design
- Only best for existing Apple users
You can't go wrong with the Wink Hub 2 best wireless controller if you are a pro and know all the smart home protocols. It works with almost all platforms, which you will not find in other products of the same category. Moreover, this controller is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, so you can give voice commands and activate the devices according to your needs. Lastly, this hub is straightforward and takes less than five minutes for proper setup.
The following are the features of the Wink Hub 2:
- Uses "If This Then That," a user-friendly tool that automates multiple tasks
- Supports almost all smart home protocols such as Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth Low Energy, ZigBee, Z-Wave, Kidde, etc
- Works efficiently with GE, Sylvania, Philips Hue, Leviton, etc
- Easy-to-use app and automation
- Quick setup
- Doesn't support SmartThings
- Isn't stylish
Having the best smart home controller can make your life easier, and Evvr Center Lite is the best. With it, you can control and manage all your home devices and perform tasks efficiently. However, if you want more home automation devices, Evvr is happy to be your partner! We have various home automation products, including the Evvr Hub, Evvr in-wall relay switch, Evvr Pad S, etc. So, don't delay, contact us and become our partner right away!